••½ cup Coconut Oil, melted
••1 tbsp teaspoons SunCoco Oil
Make the Crust First
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees + lightly grease up a 9" pie pan, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl beat melted fat, eggs, honey and salt together with a whisk or fork.
3. Add flour a little at a time, stirring in between each.
4. Switch to stirring with spatula and continue until dough holds together.
5. Gather the dough into a ball and place into pie pan. Gently spread it out over the bottom and up the sids of the pie pan. It will appear thin and possibly patchy. Do your best to evenly spread it out.
6. Prick the dough with a fork.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
8. Cover with a towel, set aside, and let cool.
Then Get the Fixins Together
1. Turn oven down to 350F.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium, add the SunCoco oil and let warm
3. Dice onions and add to pan once warm. Stir occaisionally. Looking for a translucent/caramelized color on the onions.
4. Chop up the mushrooms (crimini and portobella) and add to pan, stirring occaisionally.
5. Dice up green bell pepper and add to pan, stirring occaisionally.
6. If the pan is feeling/looking a little dry, add about a fourth cup of water
7. Cut up the Italian sausage (preferably already cooked) and add to pan, stir for a minute or so and shut off heat.
8. Grab a medium sized bowl and strainer of choice. Place strainer inside bowl, add sausage and veggie mix to strainer, spread around to let any extra juices drain, and stick in freezer to cool quickly.
9. Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until smooth yellow, no egg whites
10. Sprinkle in your seasonings and whisk again.
11. Pull sausage veggie mix out of freezer and dump on top of now cooled crust.
12. Pour whisked egg + seasoning mix over, make sure it is all covered
13. Bake for 35 - 55 minutes (start low and check every 5-10 minutes after first timer) You're looking to be able to insert a knife into the center of the quiche and have it come out clean, with everything set.
14. Serve immediately or warm later in the oven.
**bonus** Make this recipe ahead of time for quick grab-and-go breakfasts on busy mornings.
I use the tracking app Cronometer Gold, recommended via Dr. Mercola's book, Fat for Fuel. I added each of these recipes into the app to get a reading. The following is for ONE SERVING = 1/4 of the entire quiche.
Total Energy = 805.30 kcal
Total Protein = 25.1 g
Total Net Carbs = 16.3 g
Total Fat = 62.1 g
PIN IT & NEVER FORGET IT!